Thursday, June 11, 2009

Three Turns Again

That was the first time I skated on a Sunday. And boy, was it crowded! Of course, it's a Sunday, plus it's school holidays. I'm glad that there weren't that many hockey skaters though. They are daunting! Good thing most of them were beginners who were at the railing, and not skating at the center.

I'm really bugged with some people who skate at the center when they're not doing any skills. Like just skating and skating. And worse still, when my coach draws me a circle, some of them even skate right onto it! Are they blind or what? When it's unavoidable, ok, I don't mind. But when there's so much space beside you, and you can't skate properly, avoid coming to the center.

I had my last lesson two weeks ago, so I had not learned anything new. I had nothing to do but practice my three turns, polish up my stroking and crossover, though those were harder as there wasn't much space. I taught myself left T-stop. That isn't much, since I already knew the right T-stop so I just had to apply the same technique to the left. And I tried to teach myself backwards crossover. I kinda got it I think. Backwards crossover and backwards stroking.

When I finished my last of 5 lessons, I requested for a Sunday time. They did not give me a time. I had to contact my coach directly. However, yesterday when I was at the rink, I saw that there were practically no classes during the afternoon. Do the coaches only work part time on Sundays? Perhaps so. But odd. There should be many people requesting class for Sundays. -shrugs-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home