Monday, August 3, 2009

Jumping up and falling down

Stroking, forward crossover, I think I'm quite good at them already, both left and right. Finally didn't need my coach yelling leg higher, knee bend, arch back constantly. Three turns, they're still scratchy. Sometimes, I use my toepicks to turn, which is absolutely incorrect. I can't find the sweet spot, where it's not too far off back until I will topple off, yet not too far front that I'll be scratching with the toepick. And somehow, I can't really hold my edges. I'm not sure if it's to do with the blades, since no one really helped me get them aligned and I don't really know how to test it. I suppose I'll just have to make do with it.

My left leg is stronger on ice, my right leg feels light on ice. When I learn a new move, my left leg will get it first, but once my right leg gets it, the sensation is entirely different from what I feel with my left leg, and I can do it more relaxedly with my right leg. My left leg is solid, gripping the ice, my right leg is lightly brushing off the ice. I wonder which counts as my dominant leg then.

Anyway I learned two moves yesterday, one being a complete failure till my coach gave up teaching me that. The complete failure -> double three turn. I cannot do a double three turn. My single left forward outside 3 isn't quite correct, since I'm using the toepick, yet she wants to teach me a double three. Why not teach me backwards 3 first? But according to ISI, backwards 3 is not till FS4. So what am I doing with a double three? I absolutely cannot turn. I remember the first time I learned FO3 too. I was hopping and kicking around to get myself to turn. Same yesterday. Until I kicked my coach's leg with the toepick. I'm sorry coach. That was when she said no, forget it. You still can't get it. Fine by me. But the hopping thing got me thinking.. will I be wanting to do jumps so fast? Is it a sign that I might get quite well with jumps?

And I finally did backwards stroking. That's Beta level. Gamma, Delta, then back to Beta. Looks so odd, but who cares. Backwards stroking.. I managed it, except my back was tired from having to have it lifted. Next on will be backwards crossovers I suppose.

My coach asked me if I had my skates dyed. How hurtful!

1 Comments:

Blogger hsinyee. said...

u can do it.!
time will prove ur ability.
=)

August 5, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home