Saturday, March 20, 2010

OAC Day 2 (Part 3)

Campfire.. what can I say. It was a total disappointment, despite everyone saying that it's the highlight of the event. Well not really, they said it was supposed to be the highlight of the event. But didn't turn out that way huh.

It was very dark, but it did live up to its name and there was a fire in the center of the ring. Even though there were campfire performances, and my class being one of the classes to perform, it was so dark that we couldn't really see anything much besides hear the people who were singing. As for campfire singing, we spent a whole two or three weeks to learn the song and I even embarrassed myself with my horrible voice but in the end, we only ended up singing like less than half of the songs. And as we were singing a capella and no one really remembered the lyrics, we were just humming all the way. It was quite messy. At least we sang the longer songs like Top of the World, If We Hold On Together, When You Remember etc and didn't sing some of my disliked songs like Cannibal King, and the OAC song that our school wrote themselves (this is an assumption based on the lyrics and melody). The teachers were so boring. They had been sitting by themselves, talking, sleeping, eating, enjoying, stoning, whatever among themselves throughout the whole camp and didn't even join us during campfire! We were doing a cheer and invited teachers to do along with us but they were just stoning there, sipping their drinks. Gah.

I guess the main reason we didn't enjoy campfire much was because we were expecting too much from it but only got so little of our expectations met. Also, we were all tired out from the day's activities. It was really a heavy day for us, or at least my class. I went back to my room feeling a little empty. It was the last night too, and I was feeling a little campsick already, but nonetheless, I managed to catch a good night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home