Saturday, January 30, 2010

Salchow

I landed a few salchow jumps today. Some clean, some not so. I think I'm still lacking a 1/4 rotation in some of the jumps I executed, which means it will be judged as underrotation under the IJS. Anyway I'm not doing competitions so forget it. It has to be noted, that I self taught myself. The waltz jump, and now the salchow jumps. Skating lessons being so expensive here, there's no way I can take lessons. So the alternative is to teach myself. Watch youtube videos, and learn. There's a risk that you develop bad technic, but I am willing to risk it, if just to stay motivated on skating. I can't possibly be doing three turns, double three turns, double back three turns every week I go skating. What a waste of the $13. In fact, I didn't really do any three turns today, except the entry into the salchow. I can't for my life spin, so forget learning spins, though they do look cool. I've never really spun on ice before. As for footwork.. I think they're hard to learn on my own. Jumps will be the easiest. As long as you get the lift into air and rotation. Mao is practicing triple axels on her own, without really a coach's supervision, and she's having an underrotation problem, which she doesn't realize. At least I know I'm underrotating. Hopefully I can work on it and polish it some more on subsequent practices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home